This article is for clients using the Kraken Classic interface.
ACH deposits are available via Plaid with no processing fees. Plaid allows you to securely connect your bank account to Kraken to make funding your account easy.
The estimated processing time for ACH deposits through Plaid is up to five minutes. Once credited to your account, deposits are available instantly for trading and will be available to withdraw after seven days.
Please note that the seven day hold on withdrawals will apply to any assets in cash or cryptocurrency, equal to the deposited amount. The withdrawal hold does not apply to trading.
If you experience a delay or if your funds are on hold, please contact Support.
- Your Kraken account must be verified to the Intermediate or Pro level account.
- Your Kraken account must be located in the United States excluding Texas.
- The name on the bank account you are funding from must match the name on your Kraken account.
- Your bank must be located in the United States.
Ensure your bank supports Plaid. You will have a list of banks supported by Plaid to select from. If your bank is not on the list, Plaid is not available to you as of yet.
- Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to the Funding tab.
- Under Account Balances search for USD (US Dollar) and select the arrow beside it.
- Select Fund Directly with Plaid.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and click Connect bank account.
- You will be prompted to connect your bank account. Select your financial institution and follow the instructions.
- You will be asked to confirm the details of your transaction.
- On the right hand side you will see your Recent transactions. Under Status you will see Confirming for 1-2 minutes. Once the transaction has been processed the status will change to Success.
If your transaction takes longer than five minutes, please contact Support.
- That’s it you have now funded your account using Plaid!
Deposit fees and limits:
- The minimum amount you can deposit to your Kraken account is 1 USD.
- There is a maximum of 10,000 USD/weekly rolling limit on deposits.
For additional information on funding providers; fees; minimums; and processing times, see our deposit options and withdrawal options articles.