This article is for clients using the Kraken Classic interface.
Before being able to deposit any digital assets or cryptocurrencies, your account must first be verified to the Express level or higher.
Some cryptocurrencies can be sent via multiple different networks. Make sure you are using a network and cryptocurrency we support so that funds are not lost.
- 1Sign in to your Kraken account and navigate to Funding.
- 2Click the Deposit button.
- 3Search for the currency you wish to deposit and click on it.
- 4If it is your first time depositing, then you will have to generate a new deposit address. Click the Generate deposit address button.
- 5Carefully read the deposit requirements and warnings provided on each individual currencies deposit page.
- 6Click the copy icon, and paste the address (and if applicable, other details*) into the wallet from which the funds will be sent. Do not type the address by hand.
*For certain cryptocurrencies, you will need to include more details than just the address:
Alternatively, you can also use the provided ‘QR code’. IMPORTANT: If you use the QR code for STX, XRP and XLM ensure the tag/memo is included. For EOS, the memo will need to be manually typed in.
- 7Once you have initiated a valid transaction from your wallet, the deposit will be credited to your account when the minimum number of required confirmations has been reached.
Sending cryptocurrencies from other exchanges
Below are links to support articles (not created by Kraken) from a variety of exchanges that our clients have found helpful when sending funds to Kraken: