This article is for clients using the Kraken Pro site (pro.kraken.com)
Unstaking ETH with the Kraken iOS mobile app will be temporarily unavailable, but will function as normal via the Kraken Pro web interface.
To unstake Ethereum (ETH):
- Once you are signed in to pro.kraken.com, navigate to Earn at the top of the page.
- Select Ethereum (ETH) from the list of available assets and click the ellipses under Available balance. Click Unstake in the dropdown menu.
- Enter the amount you wish to unstake and click Unstake.
- Select Done to confirm the unstaking process.
- Once ETH unstaking has been initiated, you will be redirected to the Portfolio tab.
- In the Portfolio tab you will see a new entry with the unstaked amount in the status Pending. Bonded term staked assets will be successful after the listed lockup period.
- On the History tab you will see unstaking > Pending while the staked asset is unbonding. Once the process is complete, you will see unstaking Success meaning your ETH is unstaked.
Bonded staking has a lockup period when unstaking. Find out more here.